Accident and Health Insurance Benefits
Whenever volunteer firefighters and medical first responders answer a call they risk more than their lives to selflessly serve others--they risk their economic livelihood due to hazards that can cause injury, illness, or even death. Even in states that have liberal Workers' Compensation benefits, there are many shortcomings and loopholes to face. Disability limitations, waiting periods, pre-existing medical condition exclusions, and restrictions for heart attacks are just a few of the problems that emergency responders may encounter. These shortcomings can cripple a family's financial stability. That's where Accident and Health Insurance can make a real difference by providing benefits that Workers' Compensation may not cover. Why choose the Blanket Accident & Health (A&H) insurance policy?
- The A&H insurance policy helps provide financial protection when the unexpected happens. It provides income replacement and many benefits that pay independently of one another to ensure the financial security of each volunteer firefighter or first responder and his or her family.
- Our A&H insurance policy has innovative and groundbreaking benefits, such as a Weekly Disability Benefit payable up to LIFETIME. Please click here to learn more about specific benefits contained in our blanket Accident & Health policy for volunteer firefighters and emergency responders.
- The First Responder Assistance Program is included with this coverage. This confidential program offers resources and referrals 24/7 online or by phone for first responders and their families for personal issues regarding stress, grief, addiction, relationships and more.
- Claims are processed by our claims' staff in Pittsburgh. You will not be calling a large call center--you will speak with one of our friendly and courteous claims staff who will personally assist you through the process. Learn more about filing claims with Provident.
- Learn how our benefits apply to real-life situations. View actual insurance claimant testimonials and volunteer firefighter stories.
Interested in getting a free no-obligation quote? Click here to complete our questionnaire.
Looking for Accident and Sickness Insurance? Our Accident & Health insurance policy is equivalent to what others call accident and sickness insurance.
Accident & Health Insurance Policy Benefit Highlights
- Total Disability due to Injury: Weekly benefit payable up to LIFETIME! No Permanent Physical Impairment rating is required to qualify for the benefit.
- Total Disability due to Illness: Weekly benefit payable up to the Age of 67 or 5 years, whichever is GREATER!
- Partial Disabilities: Weekly benefit payable up to the Age of 67 or 5 years, whichever is GREATER!
- Permanent Physical Impairment Rating: Payable for Injuries and Illnesses with no waiting period!
- Family Expense Benefit: Reimburses actual expenses of a family member who assists in the care of an insured person who is confined to a hospital or is receiving out-patient care. Expenses include, but are not limited to: food, gas, lodging, childcare, and the family member's lost wages. There is no waiting period and no minimum travel distance required to qualify for this benefit.
- Critical Care Benefit: Benefit pays TWICE the amount of our Hospital Confinement Benefit while the Insured Person is confined to a Critical Care, Burn, or Specialty Care Unit.
- Health Insurance Premium Benefit: Provides for health insurance premiums previously paid by the insured person's employer but has been discontinued while a claimant is on disability.
Application for Insurance
Download our questionnaire to get a free no-obligation quote (PDF). This form can be completed online but must be printed and signed prior to being returned to our office.
Coverage is subject to exclusions and limitations, and may not be available in all US states and jurisdictions. Product availability and plan design features, including eligibility requirements, descriptions of benefits, exclusions or limitations may vary depending on state laws. See the actual policy language or your Provident representative for specific provisions and details of availability.
Policies are underwritten by: AXIS Insurance Company, Chicago, IL, 60606; Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company, Chattanooga, TN, 37402; and in New York, underwritten by Provident Life and Casualty Insurance Company, Chattanooga, TN, 37402. These policies are administered by Provident and in California, Provident of Pennsylvania Insurance Agency of Pittsburgh, PA.
This insurance provides limited benefits, which are insurance products with reduced benefits, intended to supplement comprehensive health insurance plans. This insurance is not an alternative to comprehensive coverage. It does not provide major medical or comprehensive medical coverage and is not designed to replace major medical insurance. Further, this insurance is not minimum essential benefits as set forth under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Note to New York consumers: The policy provides Accident and Health Insurance for injuries or illnesses that occur at the workplace. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services. IMPORTANT NOTICE – THE BASE POLICY DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR SICKNESS.
The First Responder Assistance Program is not insurance and is provided through Provident by Bensinger, DuPont & Associates.
In addition to Accident and Health insurance, please read more about the other insurance products we offer:
Contact our office to learn more about what insurance coverage is available in your area.