Group Term Life Insurance Benefit
Life is never predictable. Our Group Term Life insurance for volunteer fire departments, volunteer firefighters, emergency services organizations, and emergency medical responders (including first responders, EMS, EMTs, and paramedics) helps protect the financial independence and strength of their membersí families if the unexpected happens. Its innovative features and services offer survivors much more than just a benefit check. Here are some features of the Group Term Life Insurance offered through PAI:
- Group Term Life insurance can provide 24 hour coverage which means benefits are payable whether on duty or not.
- There are no medical questions. This group insurance is offered as guaranteed issue insurance with absolutely no medical examination questions.
- A fire department or emergency service organization can purchase up to $50,000 of Group Term Life insurance. The program is flexible in that it is possible to have different levels of benefits for different classes of membership.
- An optional Accelerated Death Benefit is available.
- An optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment rider is available.
- Ease of administration with the help of our friendly support staff.
- After a death is paid Life Planning Financial & Legal Resources* services are available as a feature with Unum life plans. Provided by Ceridian Corporation, Life Planning Financial & Legal Resources services offers objective financial guidance for survivors and terminally ill members at no additional cost.
*Life Planning Financial & Legal Resources is provided by Ceridian Corporation. This service is available with select Unum insurance offerings. Exclusions, limitations and prior notice requirements may apply, and service features, terms and eligibility criteria are subject to change. Ceridian Corporation is not engaged in rendering legal advice. Users should consult with their own attorneys. The services are not valid after termination of coverage and may be withdrawn at any time. Please contact your Unum representative for full details.
Application for Insurance
Download our questionnaire for a free no-obligation quote (PDF). This form can be completed online but must be printed and signed prior to being returned to our office. In order to provide a quote for Group Term Life insurance, your volunteer fire department, EMS organization, or emergency service organization must supply a complete membership roster including dates of birth for all members as well as the benefit limits that are being requested (up to a maximum of $50,000).
The policies and their provisions may vary or be unavailable in some states. The policies have exclusions and limitations which may affect any benefits payable. See the actual policy language or your Provident Agency representative for specific provision and details of availability.
Policies are underwritten by Unum Life Insurance Company of America, Portland, Maine and in New York, First Unum Life Insurance Company. These policies are administered by Provident Agency, Inc. and in California, Provident of Pennsylvania Insurance Agency of Pittsburgh, PA.
In addition to providing group term life insurance for volunteer firefighters, please read more about the other insurance products we offer:
Contact our office to learn more about what insurance coverage is available in your area.