Accident and Health Insurance Benefits
Whenever volunteer firefighters and medical first responders answer a call they risk more than their lives to selflessly serve others—they risk their economic livelihood due to hazards that can cause injury, illness, or even death. Even in states that have liberal Workers’ Compensation benefits, there are many shortcomings and loopholes to face. Disability limitations, waiting periods, pre-existing medical condition exclusions, and restrictions for heart attacks are just a few of the problems that emergency responders may encounter. These shortcomings can cripple a family's financial stability. That’s where Accident and Health Insurance through PAI can make a real difference by helping to fill the gaps and providing benefits that Workers' Compensation may not offer. Why choose the Blanket Accident & Health (A&H) insurance policy?
- Our A&H insurance policy can help make the insured person financially “whole.” It fills in the gaps for income replacement and provides many other benefits that pay independently of one another to ensure the financial security of each volunteer firefighter or first responder and his or her family.
- Our A&H insurance policy has innovative and groundbreaking benefits, such as a Weekly Disability Benefit payable up to LIFETIME. Please click here to learn more about specific benefits contained in our blanket Accident & Health policy for volunteer firefighters and emergency responders.
- Claims are processed by our claims' staff in Pittsburgh. You will not be calling a large call center—you will speak with one of our friendly and courteous claims staff who will personally assist you through the process. Learn more about filing claims with PAI.
- Learn how our benefits apply to real-life situations. View actual insurance claimant testimonials and volunteer firefighter stories.
Interested in getting a free no-obligation quote? Click here to complete our questionnaire.
Looking for Accident and Sickness Insurance? Our Accident & Health insurance policy is equivalent to what others call accident and sickness insurance.
Accident & Health Insurance Policy Benefit Highlights
- Total Disability due to Injury: Weekly benefit payable up to LIFETIME! No Permanent Physical Impairment rating is required to qualify for the benefit.
- Total Disability due to Illness: Weekly benefit payable up to the Age of 67 or 5 years, whichever is GREATER!
- Partial Disabilities: Weekly benefit payable up to the Age of 67 or 5 years, whichever is GREATER!
- Permanent Physical Impairment Rating: Payable for Injuries and Illnesses with no waiting period!
- Family Expense Benefit: Reimburses actual expenses of a family member who assists in the care of an insured person who is confined to a hospital or is receiving out-patient care. Expenses include, but are not limited to: food, gas, lodging, childcare, and the family member's lost wages. There is no waiting period and no minimum travel distance required to qualify for this benefit.
- Critical Care Benefit: Benefit pays TWICE the amount of our Hospital Confinement Benefit while the Insured Person is confined to a Critical Care, Burn, or Specialty Care Unit.
- Health Insurance Premium Benefit: Provides for health insurance premiums previously paid by the insured person's employer but has been discontinued while a claimant is on disability.
Application for Insurance
Download our questionnaire to get a free no-obligation quote (PDF). This form can be completed online but must be printed and signed prior to being returned to our office.
The policies and their provisions may vary or be unavailable in some states. The policies have exclusions and limitations which may affect any benefits payable. See the actual policy language or your Provident Agency representative for specific provisions and details of availability.
Policies are underwritten by Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company, Chattanooga, TN, 37402 and in New York, underwritten by Provident Life and Casualty Insurance Company, Chattanooga, TN, 37402. These policies are administered by Provident Agency, Inc. and in California, Provident of Pennsylvania Insurance Agency of Pittsburgh, PA.
Note to New York consumers: The policy provides Accident and Health Insurance for injuries or illnesses that occur at the workplace. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Insurance Department. Important Notice-This policy does not provide coverage for injuries and sickness that occur outside of the workplace.
In addition to Accident and Health insurance, please read more about the other insurance products we offer:
Contact our office to learn more about what insurance coverage is available in your area.